Wednesday 6 January 2010

LOAVES AND FISHES.

I used to keep fish,
But they reap scant reward,
They’re more work than a woman
And harder to afford.

I used to keep a woman who kept fish,
But we fell overboard,
I was overly aquatic
And she preferred the shore.

I used to keep a house that kept a woman who kept fish,
But they had to bar the door,
I was easy with her money
And a terrible landlord.

I used to keep a job that kept a house that kept a woman who
Kept fish,
But I’m no stevedore,
My hands were full of other things
And work fell through the floor.

I used to keep my health which kept a job which kept a house
Which kept a woman who kept fish,
But warnings I ignored,
I was drinking like a teenager
And loving like a whore.

I used to keep a life that kept my health that kept a job that kept
A house that kept a woman who kept fish,
But it tallied up the score,
Withdrew hook, line and sinker,
And kept me afloat no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment